Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday Fun

So Christmas has come and gone. We had a lot of fun. It would have been nice if we could have had some snow! Normally, I would blame Twin Falls, but it turns out Idaho Falls and Utah didn't get any either. Christmas Eve morning Tyson's parents were here to deliver the kids presents. I love Vicki's craftiness. She made very cute things for the children's bedrooms and Kevin was sweet enough to install them for us. Oh we could have done it ourselves but they were able to do without cuss words. : 0    Tyson worked his little tail off all of December. We didn't see him much until Christmas Day. The girls woke us up early. (I'm not going to lie, I miss the days when we had to pull them out of bed at 10:30am to open their presents)  They had a great time opening presents while I tried to take pictures. I say "tried" because I don't function well in the morning, I couldn't even see clearly, but I still managed to take pictures. Tyson spoiled me with beautiful jewelry and clothes, and my mom bought me a book, calendar, fuzzy socks, lots of yummy smelling lotions and sprays, etc.  One of my favorite things was a giant box of Tide from Costco. That's when you know you're growing up I guess. Tyson got movies, a cell phone, clothes, and a little stuffed Yoda in his stocking.  Later on Christmas Day we went to Idaho Falls to spend the day with family at Grandma's house. It's not Christmas without going to Grandma's house. We got the Wii game Just Dance for kids from Grandma and Grandpa Mallard, along with some other fun goodies. We ate yummy soups and bread and watched old home movies. It was fun to see how cute I was when I was four. A cute mix of Brooklyn and Kennedy.  I liked looking around the room and seeing everyone with their "big gulps" from the Quickie Mart. We are a happy Pepsi addicted family! We spent the night at my mom's house that night before coming back to Twin in the morning. That is when the sickness started. Spencer cried inconsolably in the night because his ears were hurting and I woke up that moring with a bad cold. Too many days with little sleep.  We spent the next few days at home, taking down Christmas stuff and relaxing. On the 29th of December we headed out late after Tyson got home from work, to Ogden. Tyson's family were all in town visiting his parents and we thought the cousins would have fun playing together.  We woke up the morning of the 30th with two sick kids. Isabelle and Spencer. I was still fighting a cold from the previous week and Spencer had been on antibiotics for a few days for his ear infections....but then Isabelle woke with a fever. That day we went on a little hay/wagon ride that Tyson's parents had arranged. It was a lot of fun! We tried to forget about our colds and enjoy the family time. The next day was Spencer's birthday and we decided to come home because we couldn't go on any longer with no sleep.  Originally we were going to be meeting some of my family in Salt Lake for New Year's Eve, but that didn't work out so we spent the rest of the day ice skating in the park and eating good food. Spencer got to play in his cake and get a bath before we came home. We got home about five minutes after midnight....tucked the kids into bed and went to sleep.  Well that night Brooklyn threw up and my cold got worse. So in a nutshell, this is a sick house. Hopefully by next week we will all be better and back into a normal routine. Happy 2012!!
                                            Phipps Cousins!!
Oldest to Youngest: Kennedy-Kate-Brooklyn-James-Sam-Hazel-Isabelle-Charlotte-Henry-Eloise-Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment